The American Dental Association (ADA) recommends you see your dentist at least twice a year for an exam. Maintaining your oral health is crucial in avoiding pain, tooth loss and expensive restorative dental procedures. Your Family Dentist at Urgent Dent, we will provide a complete checkup to determine any possible problems such as tooth decay, cracks or gum disease.
With a dental exam every six months, we can manage small dental problems before they grow into larger, more complicated issues. Untreated cavities can grow rapidly and destroy an entire tooth, a cracked tooth may break off if not discovered and treated. Periodontal disease can advance if not detected and treated early. Advanced periodontal disease can cause tooth loss and lead to serious health issues. Catching these problems early is essential in controlling them. This is something that the Dentists at Urgent Dent excel at. We take our time and use the utmost care when providing our general dentistry services because great health benefits are consistently seen when you and your family visits your dentist for oral health care regularly.
Having a Childrens Dentist for your family is something that most Americans, and indeed people all over the world, take for granted. Many of us think that since we have beautiful smiles and our mouths seem healthy enough, we do not need to see a dentist ever so often. General dentists prevent, evaluate, diagnose, and treat diseases of the oral cavity, as well as maintain the function and appearance of the teeth. Many oral diseases and abnormalities can indicate other diseases. A general dentist may refer patients to their physician or a specialist for further evaluation, or vice versa for treatment.
This assumption is wrong, for two main reasons:
- A healthy smile does not mean that a hidden problem such as a cavity is not forming
- Waiting to see the dentist only when your hidden problem is unbearable can make it difficult for the practitioner to save your teeth
Having a Pediatric Dentist for your family that you visit regularly can go a long way in saving that beautiful smile of yours. Let’s look at three of the main reasons as to why you should take your dental appointments seriously. While there are a plethora of benefits when it comes to receiving general dental care the benefits of having a General Dentist for your Family are listed below:
- Better oral and overall health: Your dentist knows you and your family history. They can advise you better when it comes to your bad habits. Adhering to good oral health and habits such as flossing and brushing your teeth after every meal can carry on to other aspects of your life.
- Saves you money: Regular dental visits can help prevent much bigger dental issues much later on. These issues often require dentures or even implants. These can be rather expensive procedures. By regularly visiting your dentist, you can take better care of your teeth and gums thus saving yourself a bundle in the long run.
- Sets a good example for the kids: Little children eat a lot of sweets. Statistics show that about 70% of 3rd graders have had a cavity or two in their lifetime. By having your entire family to visit the dentist regularly, you are forming a lifelong habit that will ensure oral health in your children. Having a dentist is like having a family physician, it is a necessity.
Call us now to schedule your dental exam. By keeping up on regular checkups, you can avoid costly dental problems, and keep a healthy smile.
Some of the General Dentistry Services we provide are:
- Crowns & Bridges
- Dentures and Partial Dentures
- Root Canal Therapy
The majority of dental treatments are carried out to prevent or treat the two most common oral diseases which are dental caries (tooth decay) and periodontal disease (gum disease or pyorrhea). Common treatments involve the restoration of teeth, extraction or surgical removal of teeth, scaling and root planing and endodontic root canal treatment. Without general dentistry you would be missing out on the majority of dental treatments such as restorative (fillings, crowns, bridges), prosthetic (dentures), endodontic (root canal) therapy, periodontal (gum) therapy, and extraction of teeth, as well as performing examinations, radiographs (x-rays) and diagnosis. Dentists can also prescribe medications such as antibiotics, sedatives, and any other drugs used in patient management. We are more than confident that we can help you and your family when it comes to your dental needs. Our system of care is second to none!
Call Us Today for your 219 513 0555
Dentists also encourage prevention of oral diseases through proper hygiene and regular, twice yearly, checkups for professional cleaning and evaluation. Conditions in the oral cavity may be indicative of systemic diseases such as osteoporosis, diabetes, or cancer. Many studies have also shown that gum disease is associated with an increased risk of diabetes, heart disease, and preterm birth. So if you are looking for a dental specialist that can not only handle preventative and cosmetic dentistry but a dentist that can assure the needs are met for your entire family than look no further than Urgent Dent. See below for a location nearest you!